- Each morning ensure office supplies in common work areas are neatly stocked and available. If items need to be ordered, make note for the next office order.
- Fill all copiers, printers, and fax machines with paper ensuring they are operable, i.e. turned to the “ON” position and clear of paper jams, etc.
- Clear printers, copiers and fax machines of papers that have been left unclaimed. If unable to determine who they belong to, they should be discarded.
- Ensure postage machine has enough postage available for daily mailings (should always have at least $100.00 available), refilling the machine and providing a copy of the charge to the Finance Manager.
- Keep office common areas clean and neat. This includes emptying trashcans, clearing the conference room tables and cleaning out the refrigerator on a weekly basis.
- Greet all visitors professionally and pleasantly, ascertain who is visiting, the purpose of their visit, and find the relevant staff member to inform of visit and purpose of visit.
- Keep abreast of staff movement in and out of the office during business hours for the purposes of telephone calls and visitation.
- Retrieve messages from voicemail first thing in morning and during times phones are placed on night ring during business hours.
- Answer professionally and pleasantly by 3rd ring, determining the nature of the call and transferring it to the appropriate staff member, exercising judgment and discretion when taking messages or interrupting staff members for calls.
- Keep night ring usage to an absolute minimum.
- Support JJPL staff with copy jobs, mailings and other duties as needed.
- Office supplies should be ordered on or around the 5th day of each month.
- Update office calendar(s).
- Assist with storage of closed files.
- Order business cards for new employees and letterhead and envelopes as necessary.
- Provide assistance with travel arrangements for Executive Director and/or Board of Directors.
- Ensure agendas are updated and printed for all meeting attendees.
- Order and pick up food and beverage items.
Mail & Faxes
- Sort and distribute incoming mail to all staff daily ensuring that mail is stamped with the current date. If person no longer works with JJPL the mail should be sent “Return to Sender” if there is no forwarding address in the JJPL file.
- Process and stamp mail U.S. postal mail for pickup.
- Assist staff with any large mailings when necessary.
- Process Federal Express packages for pick up or make sure they are delivered to the proper outlet before the end of the day (5pm). This includes dropping the packages off personally to a drop box.
- Check incoming faxes and distribute to appropriate persons.
- Photocopy incoming checks and create cash receipts.
- Assist with billing of sister agencies.
- File all paid vendor invoices.
Please send a cover letter, resume, three references, and a short writing sample to Stephanie Chambliss email@example.com. The position is open until filled, although we strongly recommend submitting application materials by November 28, 2012 for maximum consideration. Unfortunately, we are not able to accept phone calls or answer questions regarding the position at this time.
The Juvenile Justice Project of Louisiana is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate in its hiring practices and, in order to build the strongest possible workforce, actively seeks a diverse applicant pool.